Demystify ESG Investing, Green Bonds
and Social Bonds
ESG Investing and Sustainable Finance has exploded from a niche market to a core product offering. Learn from practicing professionals and the real-world transactions they've worked on.
Understand why investors are investing in ESG
The last decade has seen exponential growth in ESG investing worldwide. We'll explore the demand drivers behind this growth, and the outcomes they are seeking to achieve, and how we measure them.
Demystify Green Bonds and Social Bonds
Green Bonds and Social Bonds allowed ESG Investing to transform from niche to mainstream. Taught by a pioneering Green Bond and Social Bond Banker, we'll explore exactly how this transformation happened, and how the market formalized the structure and conventions for Green Bonds and Social Bonds.
Pricing a Green Bond
We'll analyze a recent Green Bond transaction and dive into the valuation framework of a Green Bond. US and European Investors have differentiated views on valuation and we'll discuss current market dynamics.
What You'll Learn
- Understanding the demand dynamics of ESG Investors and Funds
- Demystifying ESG Rating and Scoring
- Discussion on key focuses, including reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions, Degree Pathways and an overview of the Paris Accord
- What is a Green Bond, who issuers them and who invests in them
- Recognize the adoption challenges of early Green Bonds
- Analyze the First Syndicated Green Bond
- Discover the growth of the Green Bond Market
- Decode structure characteristics including Green Bond Use of Proceeds (Ring-Fenced, Tracked, Best Efforts)
- What makes a green bond green? Green Bond Principles, Second Party Opinion, ESG Vendors
- Evaluate a case study and pricing of a recently issued Green Bond
- US Investor (ERISA) vs. EU Investor Pricing Dynamics
- Recent Developments: Central banks as Green Investors (ECB / BOJ)
- Understand the similarities and differences between Green and Social Bonds
- Challenges to Measure Social Impact vs. Greenhouse Gas Emissions
Wall Street Prep training is used at ...
Who is this Boot Camp For?
- Sustainable Finance Professionals at Investment Banks
- ESG Investment Professionals at Asset Managers, Pension Funds and Insurers
- Debt Capital Market Professionals
- Finance and Treasury professionals
- Students looking to break into the sustainable finance industry
Boot Camp Details
Revisit what you learn
This virtual seminar will be recorded and available for you to review any time from your Wall Street Prep learning dashboard.
This boot camp is an intensive training program where we introduce trainees to ESG, Sustainable Finance, Green and Social Bonds.
Virtual Training Sign-In and Setup
Instructions on signing into this virtual session will be sent to you prior to the event date. Learn about technical details and more at our Virtual Training FAQ.
This virtual training session is scheduled for 12pm-3pm (ET). The session will analyze Green Bonds as case studies as learners move back and forth between classroom lecture, discussion and polls.
Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises), Detailed reusable modifiable Excel model templates, Unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
None. This course is designed as an introductory level course.
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.
— Davis K.
— Hansen L.
— Kelvin L.
— Raymond F.
— Jon K.
— Gregory P.
Why Attend a Boot Camp?
Our live courses pulls no punches. Each boot camp is the same intensive training used to prepare incoming analysts at top financial institutions.
Learn by Doing
Attendees “learn by doing” by working through practical exercises and building financial models from scratch using real case studies.
Boot camps provide an opportunity to network with MBAs and professionals from industries including investment banking, corp dev and FP&A.
Our instructor-practitioners are experienced bankers who give real-world context by connecting training to their own experience on the desk.
Our training reinforces speed, efficiency and consistency in Excel that investment banking analysts are expected to have on Day 1.
Continuing Ed & Webinars
Enrollment to most boot camps includes access to our continuing education online training platform and webinar series.
Earn 3.5 CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
Questions? We're Standing By.
To learn more about this boot camp, fill out the form below or call us at: 617-314-7685
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.