Introduction to Restructuring & Bankruptcy 101
Financial restructuring demystified: This Power Session is designed for investment bankers, consultants, investors and students new to restructuring, bankruptcy and distressed debt.
Delivered at top restructuring IB & Advisory firms to onboard new hires
Restructuring is a truly unique process and requires an understanding the bankruptcy framework, corporate finance and capital markets. Since the financial crisis in 2008, we have worked with the leading restructuring advisory firms to deliver the foundational knowledge required for new hires to effectively help clients. Now you have access to the same training.
What you'll learn
We start with the basics of financial restructuring, including the dynamics of out-of-court and in-court restructuring as well as key roles ad players. From there we take a deep dive into priority of claims in bankruptcy, valuation, how to estimate possible secured and unsecured recoveries both in court and out, and how the competing stakeholder motivations impact the process.
What You'll Learn
- Using real case studies and a step-by-step approach, learners will be introduced to the central considerations and dynamics of both out-of-court and in-court restructuring, along with major terms, concepts and common restructuring techniques.
- Learners will explore the various factors that lead to financial distress and how to impute asset values based on market prices for a company’s equity and debt trading levels and connect the concept of reorganization value to more traditional valuation concepts like enterprise value.
- Explore how the competing motivations and interests of the stakeholders in restructuring all impact the process.
- Gain insight into liquidity analysis, a recovery waterfall, and potential equity value post emergence.
- Understand the mechanics of 363 sales.
- Model valuation and capital structure scenarios and the impact on recoveries to the various creditors.
- Understand priority of claims and how inter-creditor agreements, secured vs unsecured, maturity and corporate structure all play a role in both in-court and out-of-court restructuring outcomes.
- Learn how restructuring fits within a variety of strategic alternatives for firms under distress.
Wall Street Prep training is used at ...
Who is this Boot Camp For?
This Power Session was created for anyone interested in or beginning a career in restructuring. Most attendees come from the following backgrounds:
- Investment banking analysts and associates
- Restructuring advisory and consulting
- Corporate finance and business development professionals
- Distressed debt investors
- MBA students and business undergraduates
- Anyone looking to get a better understanding of restructuring
Boot Camp Details
Revisit what you learn
This virtual seminar will be recorded and available for you to review any time from your Wall Street Prep learning dashboard.
This boot camp is an intensive training program where we introduce trainees to financial restructuring, including major terms, concepts, and common restructuring techniques.
Comprehensive training materials (manuals and online exercises), Detailed reusable modifiable Excel model templates, Unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
This seminar presumes knowledge of financial accounting (at least 1 semester or equivalent). Participants without this background must enroll in and complete the Accounting Crash Course prior to attending the seminar.
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have the final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.learningmarket.org.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.
Why Attend a Boot Camp?
Our live courses pulls no punches. Each boot camp is the same intensive training used to prepare incoming analysts at top financial institutions.
Learn by Doing
Attendees “learn by doing” by working through practical exercises and building financial models from scratch using real case studies.
Boot camps provide an opportunity to network with MBAs and professionals from industries including investment banking, corp dev and FP&A.
Our instructor-practitioners are experienced bankers who give real-world context by connecting training to their own experience on the desk.
Our training reinforces speed, efficiency and consistency in Excel that investment banking analysts are expected to have on Day 1.
Continuing Ed & Webinars
Enrollment to most boot camps includes access to our continuing education online training platform and webinar series.
Earn 9.5 CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
Questions? We're Standing By.
To learn more about this boot camp, fill out the form below or call us at: 617-314-7685
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.