Our step-by-step video lessons make accounting accessible and are filled with real-world exercises that test and reinforce covered concepts.
We begin with an analysis of basic accounting rules and the structure and composition of key financial filings like 10Ks and 10Qs. Then, we introduce the income statement, balance sheet, cash flow statement, and thoroughly analyze their important inter-relationships, line-by-line, all the while using real life examples to reinforce important concepts. The course concludes with a discussion of ratio analysis that ties together previously covered concepts. This course satisfies the accounting prerequisite for every Wall Street Prep financial modeling course. Step-by-step video lessons make accounting accessible, and are filled with real-world exercises that test and reinforce covered concepts.
What You Will Learn
- Balance sheet
- Working capital
- Inventories & COGS
- Fixed assets & depreciation
- Intangible assets & goodwill
- Deferred tax assets/liabilities & income taxes
- Retained earnings & net income
- Capitalizing versus expensing
- The cash flow statement
- Financial ratio analysis
Wall Street Prep’s Accounting Crash Course is used at top financial institutions and business schools.
The Lemonade Stand Revisited
Cash From Operations
Linking the 3 Financial Statements
Full Course Agenda
- Chapter 1: Introduction to Accounting
- Basic Accounting Principles
- Financial Reportings & Important Filings
- Reading the 10K
- Chapter 2: The Income Statement
- Revenue Recognition
- Revenue Manipulation
- COGS & Gross Profit
- Selling, General & Administrative, Research & Development
- Non-Operating Items & Taxes
- Net Income, EPS & Dividends
- EBIT, EBITDA & Income Statement Summary
- The Lemonade Stand, Part 1
- The Lemonade Stand, Part 2
- Chapter 3: The Balance Sheet
- An Introduction to Assets
- An Introduction to Liabilities
- Double Entry Accounting
- How the Income Statement Connects to the Balance Sheet
- The Lemonade Stand Revisited
- How Assets & Liabilities are Presented
- Chapter 4: Assets
- Cash, Receivables & Prepaid Expenses
- Property, Plant & Equipment, Part 1
- Property, Plant & Equipment, Part 2
- Intangible Assets & Goodwill
- Chapter 5: Liabilities & Equity
- Payable, Accrued Expenses, Deferred Revenue & Debt
- Operating & Capital Leases
- The Lemonade Stand, Part 3
- Chapter 6: The Cash Flow Statement
- The Cash Flow Statement
- Cash From Operations
- Cash From Financing & Cash From Investing
- The Lemonade Stand, Part 4
- Chapter 7: Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial Statement Analysis
My main goal when taking the accounting crash course was to get up to speed on reading and understanding corporate financial reports for my MBA program. I enjoyed the course, it was extremely helpful and felt it explained financials clearly and in the right amount of depth. The course has absolutely helped to advanced my professional goals, it was an excellent.
The main reason I chose Wall Street Prep was because of the brand recognition which is highly regarded in the investment banking community. The course was also very cost effective, yet comprehensive and allowed me to study in a flexible format.
I found the Accounting Crash to to be fantastic and a great way to prepare for a career in finance/investment banking!
This course was recommended to me as preparatory material for my MBA program. It gave me an overview of the fundamental accounting statements, which I continue to refer to and work through. It has helped me with understanding the concepts of accounting, which will be very beneficial in the long term.
I chose WSP based on a combination of price and user reviews. I thought the course was really well designed and allowed me to ‘front load’ basic accounting concepts which is exactly what I was looking for.
I am currently a financial adviser looking to jump into a research/analyst role. I took 3 accounting courses in college but wanted a quick, in depth refresher for interview preparation. All the material was well structured and easy to navigate. This course well exceeded my expectations and the WSP team did an excellent job. Worth way more than what I paid.
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.