Excel Crash Course
For finance professionals, proficiency in Excel is a fundamental part of the job description. Whether you describe yourself as a beginner or proficient in Excel, this course will take you to the next level and turn you into an advanced "power" user.
We’ll start with the basics before we quickly introduce you to lesser known time-saving keyboard shortcuts and powerful Excel functions and features that you can immediately put to use on the job. The only way to learn Excel is by doing, so you’ll be completing Excel exercises every step of the way.
What You Will Learn
- Accelerate the internalization of the key time-saving shortcuts via exercise-based internalization drills and video-driven guidance.
- Learn how to incorporate and take advantage of the most popular and helpful Excel functions and table features for financial analysis.
- Learn to quickly create macro-based shortcuts.
- Build data tables and perform sensitivity analysis.
- Enhance the presentation of financial and valuation models by adding forms and toggles to your spreadsheets.
Combining INDIRECT with MATCH
Go To Special
Dynamic Headers, Custom Formatting & the TEXT Function
Wall Street Prep’s Excel Crash Course is used at top financial institutions and business schools.
Full Course Agenda
- Basic Excel Shortcuts, Navigation & Editing
- The Excel Ribbon & Settings
- Formatting in Excel
- Navigation Within Excel
- Entering and Editing Data in Excel
- Paste Special
- Ctrl and Alt Shortcuts
- Naming Cells and Ranges
- Anchoring Cells
- Naming Worksheets
- Grouping & Hiding Columns & Rows
- Grouping Workbooks
- Formula Auditing
- Logical, Date & Concatenation Functions
- SUM & Average
- #Ref, #Div/0! & Other Excel Errors
- Simple & Nested IF Statements
- IFERROR & Concatenation
- Date Functions EOMONTH & EDATE
- ISNUMBER, ISTEXT & Combining with IF to Create Overrides
- More Date Functions YEARFRAC, DAY, MONTH, YEAR & DATE
- AND & OR Functions
- Lookup Functions & Data Tables
- Combining INDIRECT with &
- HLOOKUP, VLOOKUP, CHOOSE, OFFSET & INDEX Functions
- Common Errors with HLOOKUP, VLOOKUP, CHOOSE, OFFSET & INDEX
- The MATCH Function
- Combining H/VLOOKUP, OFFSET, INDEX, CHOOSE with MATCH
- Creating Drop Down Menus with Data Validation
- Combining INDIRECT with MATCH
- Using COLUMN and ROW Functions as Counters in Complex Formulas
- Data Tables
- Math functions
- The SUMPRODUCT Function
- Advanced SUMPRODUCT: Adding Criteria & Booleans in Excel
- SUMIF/S & AVERAGEIF/S
- CEILING, FLOOR & ABS Functions
- ROUND, ROUNDUP, ROUNDDOWN & COMBIN Function
- The MIN & MAX Functions
- COUNT/A & COUNTIF/S Functions
- Present Value & Future Value Functions
- NPV & XNPV Functions
- IRR & XIRR Functions
- Text Functions
- Text Functions (LEN, LEFT, RIGHT, MID, REPLACE, etc.)
- Using Text Functions to Solve Data Extraction Challenges
- Flash Fill (Excel 2013 Only)
- Cell Alignment & Center Across Selection
- Sorting, Filters, and Pivot Tables
- Sort & Subtotal
- Pivot Tables
- VBA, Recording Macros & Custom Formatting
- Recording Macros in Excel
- Conditional Formatting
- Go To Special
- Creating Dynamic Headers, Custom Formatting & the TEXT Function
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.