Investment Banking Networking & The Behavioral Interview ("The Blue Book")
Master Recruiting, Networking & the Behavioral Interview
Whether you're from a "non-target" school or a top MBA program, this essential recruiting guide will show you how to truly connect with potential employers every step of the way.
Ace the Behavioral Interview
Don't memorize behavioral questions. Understand their nuances, identify and avoid common pitfalls and learn how to showcase your experiences and strengths in a way that match a company's culture and values.
"The Blue Book is a must for anyone trying to break into investment banking or private equity. Most students obsess about technical questions but miss the big picture: They won’t get the interview without great networking, and they won’t ace it without understanding how to interview."
Former Head of Recruiting at Evercore,
Founder at Campus Recruiter
What You Will Learn
Writing a Great Resume
- Learn to structure your resume's header, ensuring you highlight key details like dual citizenship or fluency in multiple languages.
- Craft a killer 'Experience' section with techniques such as how to quantify your impact in past roles and write clear and compelling past achievements using the "ACR method."
- Give your resume personality with a great Skills & Interests section.
- Access our resume templates and real-world examples to make yourself stand out.
How to Introduce Yourself in a Cover Letter
- Breakdown the intricacies of a cover letter, section by section.
- Understand the significance of detailing your passion for finance in the introduction.
- Learn how to craft a compelling narrative about your experiences and why they make you a great fit.
- Analyze a real-world cover letter example to understanding the nuances that make it effective.
The Dos and Dont's of Networking
- Examine weal-world networking scenarios such as how non-"target school" students can approach someone and get them interested in talking to you.
- Use our email templates for cold outreach and thank-you follow-ups to ensure your communication is on point.
- Harness LinkedIn's power: Learn specific strategies like engaging with posts to increase visibility or the best times to send connection requests.
Frameworks for Acing Behavioral Questions
- Learn to answer key questions like "Tell Me About Yourself" while showcasing both personal and professional prowess.
- Give impact to "A Time When" questions by using frameworks such as the STAR method.
- Face brain teasers head-on with insights on common traps to avoid and strategies to employ.
Ending the Interview on a High Note
- Strategize your exit: Understand how asking your own questions like "What's the culture here?" can make a major impact.
- Understand the pitfalls of certain questions such as asking directly about compensation too early.
- Craft your thank you emails with precision, understanding the balance of gratitude and reaffirming interest.
Navigating Online & HireVue Interviews
- Deep dive into the HireVue system: Understand its algorithm and how it evaluates responses.
- Equip yourself with strategies like ensuring you're in a well-lit room and practicing with potential questions beforehand.
- Learn the importance of non-verbal cues in a digital interview environment.
Building a Killer Resume
Mastering the Art of Networking
How to Lead a Networking Call
Key Frameworks to Nail Any Behavioral Question
How to Answer: "Why This Industry?"
How to Answer: "A Time When You ..."
Enrollees will get 3+ hours of video instruction + a companion PDF that includes resume, cover letter and networking templates and interview question frameworks
The Blue Book +
The Red Book
The Ultimate Finance Interview & Recruiting Package
Get both guides at special pricing to prepare for both the technical and behavioral interviews and the entire recruiting process.
1000+ technical questions, behavioral interview guide + reusable resume and cover letter templates
Who is this Program For?
- MBAs and undergrads heading into finance internships and recruiting.
- Students from liberal arts or non-target schools looking to gain an advantage by crushing the behavioral interview and the networking process.
- Early-career non-finance professionals looking to pivot into the industry.
- Anyone aspiring to master the "soft skills" needed to set themselves apart in business interviews.