Real Estate Financial Modeling
This real estate financial modeling course is delivered at the world's leading real estate private equity firms and academic institutions.
Learn to Build a Real Estate Financial Model Step-By-Step
This program has everything you need to build and interpret real estate finance models. All major real estate "food groups" are covered, including Multifamily, Office, Retail, and Industrial.
- Get 20+ Hours of Video Content + Reusable Real Estate Excel Model Templates Get lifetime access to step by step online video training as well as industry-grade reusable real estate excel templates for modeling acquisitions and developments for multifamily, office, retail, industrial properties, including JV & Waterfall Modeling.
- Learn from Real Estate practitioners Led by real estate private equity expert Aaron Hancock, you'll not only learn modeling best practices across the different real estate property types, you'll learn how real estate investors actually evaluate opportunities.
- Enhance your Real Estate credentials Designed for professionals and students pursuing careers in real estate private equity as well as operators, developers, lenders, individual investors. Enrollment includes the option of sitting for the Real Estate Financial Modeling Certification. Those who successfully pass the exam can present their achievement on their resumes and LinkedIn (see below).
A Comprehensive Real Estate Financial Modeling Program
This course begins with the foundations of real estate finance and excel best practices, adding complexity piece by piece. By the end of the program, learners will build complete, industrial grade multifamily, office, retail and industrial models, including in depth treatment of the modeling of revenues, operating expenses, capital improvements, debt, and joint venture waterfalls
- Real estate financial modeling best practices
- Real estate investment and development theory
- How to utilize historical financials to build a multifamily acquisition model
- How to utilize Argus outputs to build a commercial acquisition model
- How to build a real estate development model
- How to model a debt schedule
- How to model a joint venture waterfall
This program includes the following 9 modules
Each module builds sequentially towards a complete understanding of the Real Estate model building process
Operating Cash Flow
Non-Operating Cash Flow
Debt & Levered Cash Flow
Joint Ventures & Waterfalls
Summarizing & Analyzing the Model
Office Building Acquisition Case Study
Multifamily Building Development Case Study
Get the Real Estate Financial Modeling Certification
Trainees are eligible to take the WSP Real Estate Financial Modeling Certification Exam for 24 months from the date of enrollment. Those who complete the exam and score above 70% will receive a the certification. The exam is a challenging online assessment that covers the most difficult concepts taught in the program.
Who is this program for?
This course is designed for individual investors as well as students and professionals pursuing careers in:
- Private Equity
- Asset Management
Real Estate Financial Modeling Package Highlights
Intuitive, Self-Paced and Comprehensive
Wall Street Prep's Real Estate Financial Modeling Package is intuitive and self-paced. Using a combination of videos, Excel model templates and financial reports, this course teaches students and professionals how to build, analyze, and interpret Real Estate financial models in a step-by-step fashion at their own pace. The program utilizes a case study format, as students follow their tutorial guide alongside the Excel model templates, and are directed to the appropriate external documents in order to build comprehensive models the way the way it's done on the job.
Upon enrollment, students gain free and unlimited access to Wall Street Prep's Online Support Center, where they receive answers to questions, free downloads, and important updates from a support staff comprised entirely of experienced former investment bankers
Private Online Tutoring (Additional Fee Applies)
Want a little extra attention? Live video-chat tutoring is available with experienced real estate professionals (additional fee applies). In addition, your tutoring sessions enable you and your tutor to share models, a virtual whiteboard and any other files via an integrated web and phone platform that enhances the learning experience.
The program assumes a basic introductory knowledge of accounting (e.g. interaction of balance sheet, cash flow, and income statement) and proficiency in Excel. Students with no prior background in Accounting should enroll in the Accounting Crash Course. Students with limited experience using Excel should enroll in the Excel Crash Course.
Earn CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.