Build a Sum-of-the-Parts Valuation for a Biotech
Value a Pre-Revenue Biotech
Want to value a clinical-stage, pre-revenue biotech? An ordinary discounted cash flow analysis won’t cut it. Instead, you need to build a long-range sum-of-the-parts valuation.
This advanced virtual "Power Session" walks participants through the step-by-step process of valuing a biotech company.
Taught by Experienced Professionals
This is NOT an academic exercise. It is taught by a healthcare-focused investment banking professional who understands how SOTP valuation is done on the job.
FREE access to our Biotech SOTP Online Course
Enrollment in this seminar gets you a lifetime learning resource: Refresh your modeling skills at any time with our step-by-step Biotech Sum of the Parts Valuation online course.
What You'll Learn
- Market size and revenue benchmarking for a therapeutic asset in clinical development.
- Determine the appropriate launch curve to achieve full market penetration once a therapy is approved.
- Apply the appropriate “probability of success” to a clinical-stage pre-revenue biotech company.
- Apply key assumptions and tie together a long-range forecast of multiple products with a DCF analysis.
- Build-up of operating expenses including a salesforce analysis for a “go-it-alone” marketing strategy.
- Key learning objectives include
- Overview of a sum of the parts valuation
- Major building blocks for a biotech SOTP
- Model assumptions dashboard
- Biotech company lifecycle
- Identify peak revenue opportunity
- Therapeutic areas overview
- Product launch timing and uptake curve
- Patent life and loss of exclusivity
- Road to commercialization
- FDA clinical trials
- Building a commercial infrastructure
- Completing the SOTP
- Probability of success
- Finalizing the valuation model
- Valuation sensitivities
Wall Street Prep training is used at ...
Who is this Boot Camp For?
This course is designed for professionals and those pursing a career in the following finance careers:
- Investment Banking
- Venture Capital
- Private Equity
- + Anyone who wants to learn how professionals build a biotech-sum-of-the-parts valuation
Boot Camp Details
Revisit what you learn
This virtual seminar will be recorded and available for you to review any time from your Wall Street Prep learning dashboard.
This course is an intensive instructor-led training program where trainees learn how to value a clinical-stage, pre-revenue biotech by building a long-range sum-of-the-parts valuation. Ideal for investment banking, private equity and VC professionals focusing on the biotechnology industry, this seminar bridges the gap between academics and the real world and equips trainees with the practical modeling skill set needed to build a biotech SOTP valuation.
Comprehensive training materials and unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
Our instructors are all practitioners with years of directly relevant real- world experience and have a passion for teaching. They understand the importance of teaching in a way that empowers students to apply the lessons from the classroom directly on the job.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.
Why Attend a Boot Camp?
Our live courses pulls no punches. Each boot camp is the same intensive training used to prepare incoming analysts at top financial institutions.
Learn by Doing
Attendees “learn by doing” by working through practical exercises and building financial models from scratch using real case studies.
Boot camps provide an opportunity to network with MBAs and professionals from industries including investment banking, corp dev and FP&A.
Our instructor-practitioners are experienced bankers who give real-world context by connecting training to their own experience on the desk.
Our training reinforces speed, efficiency and consistency in Excel that investment banking analysts are expected to have on Day 1.
Continuing Ed & Webinars
Enrollment to most boot camps includes access to our continuing education online training platform and webinar series.
Can't Attend? Learn Online Now
Online Course: Biotech Sum of the Parts Valuation
Earn 9.5 CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
Questions? We're Standing By.
To learn more about this boot camp, fill out the form below or call us at: 617-314-7685
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.