Real World "On the Job" Multifamily Real Estate Modeling
Build a Multifamily Real Estate Model Step-By-Step
How do private equity and real estate professionals build financial models to analyze whether to invest in a multi-family property?
In this virtual "Power Session," you will learn how a real multifamily model is constructed and used to generate key investment insights.
Excel Model Template Included
A comprehensive reusable multifamily real estate model template is included with this course.
FREE: Multifamily Real Estate Modeling Course
Attending this program gets you a lifetime learning resource: Refresh your modeling skills at any time with our step-by-step Multifamily Real Estate Modeling course
All Upcoming Dates
What You'll Learn
- Using a typical offering memorandum (OM) to extract key detail used in the model
- How historical financials drive the pro-forma
- Projecting top-line revenue performance (effective vs. gross rent)Modeling occupancy/vacancy loss, non-revenue units, and uncollectible rent assumptions
- Getting to NOI: Projecting the most common operating expenses
- How to underwrite capital expenditures (defensive vs. offensive)
- How to calculate levered returns
- Modeling the key equity and debt metrics in multifamily real estate (Yield-on-cost, Cash-on
- cash yield, DSCR, and debt yield)
- Understanding value allocation
- Modeling Sources & Uses
- Constructing the NOI and Returns Summary tables
- Sensitizing key outputs to frame purchase price ranges for a multi-family real estate property
- Typical return profile for a multi-family
- Financial due diligence: Sales comparable and market surveys
Wall Street Prep training is used at ...
Who is this Boot Camp For?
This program is designed for:
- Professionals and students pursuing careers in Real Estate Private Equity.
- Real estate professionals looking to add financial modeling skills to their existing skill set.
- Individual investors and anyone interested in the Real Estate industry.
Boot Camp Details
Revisit what you learn
This virtual seminar will be recorded and available for you to review any time from your Wall Street Prep learning dashboard.
Designed for investment banking, PE and real estate investment professionals, you will learn how professionals underwrite and analyze multi-family properties in order to evaluate investment opportunities and drive valuation. This course does not assume a prior background in Real Estate. However, this course is taught at a fast pace and those who enroll should have an introductory knowledge of accounting and proficiency in Excel.
Comprehensive training materials and unlimited e-mail support for content-related questions for 12 months post-seminar.
Our instructors are all practitioners with years of directly relevant real-world experience and have a passion for teaching. They understand the importance of teaching in a way that empowers students to apply the lessons from the classroom directly on the job.
Participants may cancel up to 3 weeks prior to the event for a full refund. A 20% cancellation fee will apply up to 1 week prior to the event. No refunds will be granted for cancellations made within 1 week of the event. Wall Street Prep reserves the right to cancel the seminar if enrollment is insufficient. Trainees will be refunded in full in the event of a cancellation.
Why Attend a Boot Camp?
Our live courses pulls no punches. Each boot camp is the same intensive training used to prepare incoming analysts at top financial institutions.
Learn by Doing
Attendees “learn by doing” by working through practical exercises and building financial models from scratch using real case studies.
Boot camps provide an opportunity to network with MBAs and professionals from industries including investment banking, corp dev and FP&A.
Our instructor-practitioners are experienced bankers who give real-world context by connecting training to their own experience on the desk.
Our training reinforces speed, efficiency and consistency in Excel that investment banking analysts are expected to have on Day 1.
Continuing Ed & Webinars
Enrollment to most boot camps includes access to our continuing education online training platform and webinar series.
Can't Attend? Learn Real Estate Modeling Online
Earn 4.5 CPE Credits with WSP Online Courses
Questions? We're Standing By.
To learn more about this boot camp, fill out the form below or call us at: 617-314-7685
The Wall Street Prep Quicklesson Series
7 Free Financial Modeling Lessons
Get instant access to video lessons taught by experienced investment bankers. Learn financial statement modeling, DCF, M&A, LBO, Comps and Excel shortcuts.