Where Strategy and Analysis Meet
Solid financial modeling and forecasting know-how is just one part of the FP&A professional’s toolbox.
This challenging position requires a cross-functional understanding of accounting, finance, corporate strategy and industry dynamics. Advanced Excel proficiency is required to sort through data from a network of disparate sources.
In addition to technical skills, “soft skills” such as leadership and presentation acumen are used to answer to the CFO, the CEO and financial sponsors.
Wall Street Prep’s FP&A Technical Mastery Program will equip your hires with this full range of skills and provide continuing development to ensure their skills remain sharp.
Working with FP&A teams from the world’s leading companies since 2004
WSP Delivers Instructor-Led and Online Training Programs to Finance and Accounting Teams
Our FP&A Technical Mastery© program combines deep expertise in modeling with FP&A context
Job-Focused Training For ...
- Financial Planning & Analysis
- Accounting & Treasury
- Corporate Finance and M&A
- Business & Data Analysts
- FP&A Certification Pathways
- Instructor-Led Classroom (Virtual / In-Person)
- Online / On Demand
"We use WSP’s FP&A training because it's the only cohesive program we've seen that connects the dots of accounting, technical finance and corporate strategy and understands the ins and outs of the FP&A function."
Wall Street Prep is registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA) as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit. Complaints regarding registered sponsors may be submitted to the National Registry of CPE Sponsors through its website: www.nasbaregistry.org.
The Wall Street Prep FP&A Technical Mastery Program is approved for recertification credits by the Association for Financial Professionals at the rate of one credit for each 50 minutes of attendance.
FP&A Technical Mastery© Curriculum
This financial planning and analysis training program is designed to fill the knowledge gaps we’ve seen FP&A and corporate finance professionals exhibit again and again in our years of training at top financial institutions.
The Power & Art of Business Modeling in FP&A
- Modeling best-practices
- Model formatting and hygiene
- Dynamic modeling
Data Visualization & Storytelling
- Conveying financial performance in visual form
- Serving as a strategic partner to financial and non-financial business functions
- Creating clear deliverables for a wide range of audiences
Outputs & Variance Analysis
- Strategic mapping, scorecards, and visualizing KPIs
- Variance analysis and cash flow forecasting
- Building impactful dashboards, dynamic charts, and graphs for presentations
Scenarios & Sensitivities
- Building dynamic and flexible user-interfaces
- Simulations and optimizations
- Conducting sensitivity analysis
Getting to Answers Without Modeling
- Conducting back-of-the-envelope calculations to determine pricing and target profitability
- Addressing break-even, profit optimization, and product mix decisions
Capex & Project Forecasting
- Net Present Value (NPV), Internal Rate of Return (IRR), Modified IRR (MIRR), XIRR, XNPV
- DCF analysis and WACC
- Interpreting sensitivity tables displaying a range of probable results
Forecasting & Budgeting
- Top-down and bottoms-up forecasting methods
- Assessing risk and uncertainty
- Statistical modeling and analysis
- Financial Statement Fundamentals
- Trend and Ratio analysis
- Revenue and cost build-ups
- Liquidity and working capital management
- Gap Analysis
- Debt sizing
Online Learning Solutions Specifically Designed for Finance and Accounting
Finance Passport© is the #1 Online Learning Portal in the industry.
- 500+ on-demand specialized courses, certifications, and guides
- Certifications and badges recognized in the finance industry
- Over 100,000 professionals use Finance Passport annually
- Eligible for CPE Credits